Photo ID Requirements

To ensure the chosen ID is accepted, please make sure that the photo you have taken is clear, was taken on a flat surface and in a well lit environment. If you are still having trouble, ensure the image is in focus, avoid low light conditions, reflections and glare, and make sure the entire document is captured within the photo. This means that all edges of the document align with the borders in the image preview. It is vital that the photo is taken straight on and not from an angle, all information needs to be clear and readable in order for it to be processed and accepted.

Have another question?

Fill in the form below with your question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Free Business Account

No Monthly Fees | No Transaction Fees

Whether you’re on-the-go or working from home, you can easily access your account in a way that suits you. Get started for free today. Get started below!

Accepted Documents

  • Valid Passport
  • UK/EU Full/Provisional Driving Licence
  • EU Identity Card
  • UK Residency Card

The document needs to be in:

  • In date or not have expired more than 3 months ago
  • Issued in UK/EEA
  • If issued outside UK/EEA certified copy is required 
  • Show D.O.B (some have this on back)

Countries Documents are accepted from:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

Rest of the world will require certified ID for Photo ID & POA

How to certify a document

To certify a document simply take a photocopied copy and the original and ask the person to certify the copy by:

  • Writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document.
  • Signing and dating it.
  • Printing their name under the signature.
  • Adding their occupation, address and telephone number.

Who can certify a document:

Your document must be certified by a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’). You could ask the following if they offer this service:

  • Bank or building society official
  • Councillor
  • Minister of religion
  • Dentist
  • Chartered accountant
  • Solicitor or notary
  • Teacher or lecturer

The person you ask should not be:

  • Related to you
  • Living at the same address
  • In a relationship with you

Apply in Minutes From the App

Enter a uk mobile number and we will send you a link to get the app

What we offer

What we offer